Nascar Uncensored
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clinty's Weekly Blogs

4 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Clinty's Weekly Blogs - Page 7 Empty Re: Clinty's Weekly Blogs

Post by Lady Bowyer Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:59 pm

Nope Sad

That damn Daytona wreck took us back to 16th in the points
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Crap. >:-(
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:53 pm

But we're up to 15th again with a good run at Chicagoland! Very Happy

Here's to 14th or better next week!!
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:19 pm

Hello guys, hope everyone is good. We have an off-week on our hands and I'm pretty happy about that. It seems like we never ever stop, and when you can look forward to a weekend away from the wheel, it's a breath of fresh air. First off though, I want to talk about Chicago.

Unloading fast off the truck is everything in today's Cup series. Your crew chief can be a magician, but if what you brought to the track isn't fast, you can only get so much better. Everyone at RCR has been working their butts off building us a new fleet of cars that are faster and it really showed at Chicago. That was the best mile and a half car I've had in a long time and it felt good to run quick in practice, then put up a top-five qualifying spot. During the race I felt like we were one adjustment away from being one of the fastest cars, but with the track changing from daylight to dark, it was tough figuring out what to do. Shane was all over it, and the Helping Hands Pit Crew was solid all race long. Then came those double file restarts at the end and it was crazy. I lined up on the bottom and the top and it really didn't matter because everyone just goes crazy into the first corner and you have to get lucky where you get sorted out. The first two were good, then when Jimmie and Kurt tangled I got stuck behind the 48 and three or four guys flew past me. Man, that made me mad because we had been in the top-five all race long, then got jumped by cars that weren't as quick as us. Hey, at least it's exciting for the fans! But, that is the rules right now and it's the same race for everyone. Again, I just want to thank all of the boys back at the shop for building me such a fast car!

Yes, it is an off-weekend, but I'm still going racing! My dirt team is racing in St. Louis this weekend and I'm going to make it over there and try to cheer Dale McDowell on to another win. All of the guys on my team, Tommy Grecco, Caleb Baker, and Dale have worked hard and I'm proud of everyone. Plus, I really enjoy the dirt races to begin with. That's my home and Ill never forget where I came from or quit going to watch. That Lucas Oil Series puts on a hell of a show and I'm pumped to, "See the best, four abreast!" on the parade lap.

Then, it's Chase time. We have our cars running better and let me tell you, we are going to have something for them at Indy and Pocono. I'm even looking forward to Watkins Glen. Some of the guys in front of me don't excel on road courses and I think we can gain on them. Then, the night race at the Bull ring is coming up, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for all of the support!

-Clint Bowyer #33
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:55 am

Hello, guys! I hope everyone is ready to get back to racing, I know I am. The off week has been great, but I'm ready for one of the biggest races of the year this weekend.

I remember going there for the first time my rookie year and kind of just walking around taking in all of the history. I mean, to me every track on the Cup tour is important because I never thought I'd be lucky enough to race on them, but Indy is really special. It's one of the oldest tracks in the world and has a lot of history. I've always liked old school stuff, and it doesn't get much more old school than the Brickyard. We were really fast there my rookie year when Burton and I started on the front row. He barley stole the pole from me that year, it was a great race and we came home fourth. We've ran decent there since then, but we haven't been as strong as we were in 2006. Things are looking good for my RCR teammates and I this weekend. We have our new cars put together and they have been awesome. Timing is everything in racing, and we're starting to get things dialed in at the perfect time.

It seems like everything seems to go in cycles with me. When things are good, they are good across the board, and when they're bad...well, you know! Haha!

Dale McDowell and the boys on my dirt team have been running really well in the Lucas Oils Late Model Series, and right when they started being stronger, it seemed like my stuff began coming to life. It's good to be going into one of the biggest races of the year with a lot of positive energy. I think that is going to help us get ourselves into The Chase where we belong.

We have a lot of appearances for the Brickyard 400 so I've been all over the place the past two days, so I'm going to cut this blog short.

I just want to thank all of my fans for their support. In closing I'll just tell you guys that I'm more motivated than ever, and I'll be charging as hard as I can.

See ya'll next week!

-Clint Bowyer #33
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:52 am

Hey, guys, hope everyone is enjoying their summer. I guess I'm just starting to enjoy mine a little. I really can't say it's been all bad, though. We won the Nationwide race at Daytona and that was awesome, then we've been faster in the #33 Cheerios Hamburger Helper Impala SS. Shane brought out a fast car and made a gutsy call that helped us get another top-five last weekend. Man, we sure did need that. Our chase hopes are alive and I'm looking forward to these next five races. Meanwhile, I've been doing some chores around the house, and man - sometimes those "home projects" are a handful. But, hey, being a Cup driver is glamorous and cool and all, but I'm a pretty normal guy. I like doing my stuff at home on my own. I live out in the country and that's the way I like it. It gives me time to do projects that keep the pressures of racing away during the week.

I usually shop at Lowe's (because it's closer to my house) and made a visit there to try to tackle painting my garage floor. Its old and doesn't look very good, plus my brother Casey painted his and it looked really clean so I wanted to step mine up. Should be a snap, right? I was about halfway through it and thought to myself, "I might be in over my head here." Six gallons of stripper, and some burned up ankles later I finally got the old sealer off of the surface. It was about 100 degrees out and it took me about five hours. Casey said it took him that long to complete his whole job and I hadn't even started mixing paint. The kicker was, he didn't have anything to strip!

After I got that knocked out it was down to the bottom of my driveway to make a little ditch so the sandy dirt would stop piling up across the road. It was making my driveway look like a mud bog, so I grooved out a little trough through the grass that leads into the pond. It poured rain last night and I was pretty happy when I saw the yellow dirt draining right into the pond water. That one went well, thank goodness.

I spent the rest of the week doing some mowing and picking up dead tree limbs. It's crazy how much work owning a home is. Sometimes I look across the street at Richard's place and see all of his "help" taking care of his place and think, "Maybe he is on to something!" Haha! But, I'm not even close to being as busy as he is. Plus, I like doing my own stuff.

Before I leave for Watkins Glen I just wanted you guys to know that I do read the website everyday and check out the forum. I'd like to hear about some of you guys' summer projects. Maybe ya'll have a few tips to help me!

Thanks for being such great fans. We're going to be digging hard this month for you.

-Clint Bowyer #33
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:18 pm

"Thanks for all the support."

Yep, Steph will support anything you ask her to. Twisted Evil
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:22 pm

ANYTHING

Twisted Evil

Babe, no blogs lately! I know its been an off week and those damn wrecks last race were bad, but pleaaasseee blog again!! I love you
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:23 pm

I need to check out Ron's blogs. I hope he's still leading the points.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:33 pm

You should!
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:39 pm

Well, it sounds like he hasn't been winning lately.

Bummer. Suspect
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:45 pm

Its cause you were gone!

We are a force to be reckoned with in here
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:48 pm

I know, damn that Force and his cars anyhow.

Mama needs to zip up into her NAPA gear and kick some ASS.

...then zip into my US Army gear so I'm not late for the NASCAR race either.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:51 pm

Multiple layers - sometimes bulky, but good for the quick-second change off
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:02 pm

Tire changers, eat your hearts out.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:53 pm

THANK YOU BABY!! I love you A BLOG!! :
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:54 pm

Hello, guys. Hope everyone is doing good. It's been a few weeks since I've written the blog, and man has a lot happened since then.

For starters, we were finally able to go to The White House and meet the president. That was something I never thought I'd be able to do. Let me tell you, they run a tight ship in Washington, DC. I didn't know what to expect, but that was a great experience and I'm planning to go back soon to see more of our nation's capitol.

Of course Bristol didn't go the way all of us wanted it to. I suppose the best way to look at it is that we unloaded a good car, ran well, and had good pit stops. I guess that is pretty much what Sprint Cup racing is all about. A top-10 team at this level is a successful team. It's just been a tough year with a lot of problems that were out of our control. But, as tough as it has been, we still have a shot at The Chase. Hey, I'll take it!

This is actually one of the busiest times of the year for me. You guys probably thought I would be riding Harley's or out on the lake somewhere during the off-week, huh? No way. This off-week marked my second annual charity event in my hometown of Emporia, Kan. The event went really well last year, but we wanted to make it even better for 2009. Before I go any further I just want to thank my friend, Chip Williams, for all of his hard work. He's been with me for five years and is a great right hand man. Chip and Casey really pulled everything together and man was this year's event a success.

The charity event is a long day separated into three parts. Things got rolling at 10:00am with the golf tournament where teams can donate. We had over 150 golfers out there at ole "Emporia Municipal!" It's a pretty "light" atmosphere and everyone had a great time. Plus, we got lucky with the weather and enjoyed 70-degree temperatures with almost no wind. It's usually a "100-degree-hair-dryer" in Kansas this time a year, so that was awesome.

The second portion of the event is the auction. My pal, Brook Phillips and his posse from Wichita run an auto action down there and they came up to run the show. I tell ya, I always liked listening to an auctioneer and Brook is super good. We had everything from Super Bowl tickets, a custom guitar, to Ricky Carmichael's motocross gear to sell off. One of the funniest things that happened was when I had my High School buddy, Zack Peak, "model" Tony Stewart's driving suit while we auctioned it away. First off, thanks to Smoke for donating the suit, and secondly, thanks Zack for the biggest laugh of the year for me!

Kasey Kahne and Jeff Burton also gave me some stuff to auction off, and that just great. Let's just say that there was a lot of Helping Hands that came together to make the auction a success. Allison Miller was on hand to present a check for $20,000 on behalf of General Mills.

Together we raised around $250,000 to support my hometown. Emporia is a great place, that helped provide a lot for my family. But, like a lot of mid-sized towns across the country, they fighting hard to stay strong. I'm proud of where I came from so we're going to keep making the charity event bigger and better every year.

Now we're off to Atlanta and face a pretty tall mountain. The pressure is off and all we have to do is go kick some butt. We've led laps and had four top-six finishes there in the last few years and I think we'll have a car that can win. Not much to worry about for me personally. I can hang it out and go for it through the whole program. Qualifying, double-file restarts, green-white-checkered...I'll have it to the wood. I'll need some of my competitors to be Helping Hands and stub their toe, but we're going to do our job first.

I'm rested up and ready. Hey, it'll be my type of racing - sliding around under the lights.

I need my Helping Hands to wish us some luck!

-Clint Bowyer #33
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Muhahahahaha

"sliding around under the lights"

Oh, you CANT expect me to leave THAT ONE alone!!
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:39 pm

I love the 100-degree hair dryer, LMFAO!!!

I love it when everyone gets together for charities. Melts my heart.

Hmm...I'll have to do some sliding under the lights as well with my Army boy.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:15 pm

Hello guys, hope everyone had a good holiday weekend.

It's been a really quick week for a lot of us Cup guys. We raced on Sunday night at Atlanta for the first time, then only had a couple days until it was time to go to Eldora. I have to tell you, I look forward to that race all year! I think it's really cool what Tony Stewart does with that event and I'm thankful he keeps inviting me. As most of you saw, we went all out this year and put together a special "gold chrome" car. My friends at Rocket Chassis found some of that sheet metal and I thought it would look really cool wrapped around a Late Model. It did look at little weird before we got it lettered and stickered up, but I thought we had the coolest car there when it was all said and done.

That event makes my boys at Clint Bowyer Racing work really hard. We provide a car for Jimmie Johnson, and in the meantime my driver, Dale McDowell, needs to have the best stuff we can give him for The World 100, which takes place this weekend there at Eldora. We've been lucky to associate ourselves with Tommy Grecco and Caleb Baker. Those two have been busting their tails since last winter and you just can't put a price on good help like them. They're great. And I think I have the best sponsors in the business with General Mills and Dollar General. It's pretty cool to see big time corporations show up for a good ole dirt race in the middle of Ohio.

I was pretty surprised how good my car felt on the very first lap. Man, I barley even lifted! There isn't anything that feels like a 800hp Late Model when you have her hooked up on the high side and flying around that outside wall. Jimmie's car was fast too. Heck, I've seen that guy climb out after winning dozens of Cup races and when he won that heat race Wednesday night I don't think I've ever seen him that pumped up. Once again, I just want to thank Tony for inviting us to be a part of such a great event.

It is kind of hard to be too happy right now though. It's all about "The Chase" and it looks like we're going to miss it this year. That sucks, no matter how you look at it. I realize that pretty much everyone I race with on the Cup side has missed it, but I know that my team was good enough to get in this year. We’ve had bad luck; that's racing, and now all we can do is try to go out and win races.

We have 11 races to go and we haven't won yet, but the races we have left are some of my favorite. I've won at Richmond and Loudon, and we've come close at Martinsville, Kansas, and Dover. A win won't take the pain away from missing The Chase...but it damn sure will help.

We're just going to be chasin' checkers from here on out.

Before I go, I hope you guys are excited about the Fan Club party we have coming up, October 1st. You’ll be getting your passes in the mail over the next week so keep an eye on that mail box!

Thanks for everything, guys.

-Clint Bowyer #33
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:03 pm

Man, that'd be awesome if you could meet him in October!
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:05 pm

I wish!!
Every fan gets one on one time with him....dammit if I had airfare right now I would so go!!!
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:06 pm

Hey everybody, hope you are all good. It's my favorite time of year. The past two years it's been because we were getting ready to begin The Chase, but this year, unfortunately, I have to just be happy about the nice weather. I've always been a motorcycle guy and the fall season in North Carolina is perfect for riding. I've been doing a lot of that this week.

First up was a trip up to the Blue Ridge Parkway on my Harley. I usually hit up that ride a half dozen times a year, and it's one of my favorites. Once you get up on the parkway in the mountains there are a bunch of little spots to stop and check out the views. Hey, I'm a Kansas guy and it's still cool to me anytime I get to see a view from the mountains. There is also a little restaurant/bar at the top called "The Station Inn" that all of the Harley guys ride to. Up there, nobody cares who you are or what you do, and everyone just hangs out and checks out each other's bikes.

Then the other day my spotter Mike Dillon called me and invited me out to his motocross track. He built a pretty cool track out in the woods on his land. It had been a long time since I had ridden any motocross so I went to go check it out. Mike and his boys, Austin and Ty, had been riding out there for a month or so and the track was perfect for intermediate level riders. It was smooth with soft dirt, safe jumps, and great berm corners. We rode out there for hours and had a great time. Man, I tell you, ole Dillon can ride fast for a 44-year-old man! It took me a few laps to get used to riding on the dirt, but after a while it felt like the old days. Riding motocross is still one of my favorite things to do, that is for sure.

Now, we're getting ready to head to Loudon. We were fast there this summer and I think we're going to be even better this time around. We can't race for the championship, but we'll be going for the win.

You guys should be getting your Fan Club Party passes. I'm looking forward to see everyone in a couple weeks!

-Clint Bowyer #33
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:43 pm

There's nothing quite like a ride through the mountains. TN is exceptionally beautiful.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:25 pm

Thats what I hear. I would love to see it someday!!
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next