Nascar Uncensored
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Krissie's Korner

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Krissie's Korner - Page 2 Empty Re: Krissie's Korner

Post by Kewman2939 Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:30 pm

No friggin' CRAP!

You got that right, girlfriend.

Krissie would come up to me and I'd look at her and say, "Not YOU, I want Ryan's, the one who actually DRIVES the car!"
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:33 pm

You just SIT there! Screw that!

--Although, I would want DeLana's too - she is co-owner of KHI, so she's an actual member!!
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:55 pm

Damnit, you're reading my mind again. I just thought of DeLana right after I sent my above post.

Yea, but she's co-owner, that's totally different. Like you said, Krissie just sits. How fucking exciting is that?
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:00 pm

Really, though.

Oh wow, my ass is getting bigger. WHoo hoo
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:04 pm

And DeLana gets mad right along with Kevin. Wow, they showed a video of Texas tantrums a few weeks ago on TWIN, and they showed DeLana giving the Officials hell along with Kevin.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:11 pm

Bahahahaha

She really is awesome. DeLana, we love you!!
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:13 pm

a kiss
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:28 pm

HEY! Wake up woman and post another blog! Damn! Stop kissing all over Ryan (he likes me better anyway) and get your ass to the keyboard.

Bored.

Bored.

Why the hell doesn't Ryan do his own blogging? geek

Does ANYONE have any new blogs? Ronnie doesn't either. Crying or Very sad
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:51 pm

(HAHAHA damn right he likes you better anyway)

I heard somewhere that Ryan is doing something...on TWIN! Hes writing for Speed TV or something? Tell me Im not nuts...Im gonna go look for it..

--Nothing on Clinty's blog front. Granted, he usually writes Wednesdays and posts Thursdays
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:56 pm

NEWMAN: Rainy Day at IndyWritten by: Ryan Newman 04/22/2009 - 02:08 PM
Charlotte, NC

There’s nothing worse than watching it rain at a racetrack. At least that’s what I’m thinking right now. My No. 39 Haas Automation/U.S. Army team and I have been at Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the past two days for a Goodyear tire test. Unfortunately, there’s been a whole lot more time spent watching the rain than turning laps and testing tires on the racetrack.

I guess things could be worse, though. At least the rain delay has given me time to think about what I wanted to tell you in this first column.

Now, I’m sure you all have a lot of questions that you would like for me to answer in this column. Questions like: “What are your team’s goals this year?” (To make the Chase) or “How’s Tony Stewart as a boss?” (I would say so far, so good) or “What do you do if you have to go to the bathroom during a race?” (That’s my favorite question – and I get it at least once aweek. My answer is that I don’t have to go to the bathroom during the race, and if I did, I would hold it.)

Over the course of the season, I will probably answer all of your questions and more. But today, I’m thinking about this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway.

Talladega is the biggest, fastest track that the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series visits all year, and I can’t wait for this weekend to start. It’s not all about the racing, for me, when I go down to Talladega. And before you even think it, no, I don’t go out and party in the infamous Talladega infield, either. That’s just not my scene.

My scene is the lakes and the woods and the natural beauty that surrounds Talladega. I love the outdoors. My favorite thing to do when I’m not racing is fishing. I live on an eight-acre pond, so if I were at home right now, where I hear the weather is beautiful, I would more than likely be fishing with my dogs.

I have been a regular fisherman since I was about 3 years old, when my grandfather started taking me to Dewey Lake in Dowagiac, Mich. The biggest fish I have ever caught was a 10-pound, six-ounce largemouth bass near Atlanta Motor Speedway, but that’s another story for another day.

Fishing is my way of relaxing. I enjoy getting back to nature and being away from the hectic pace of life that we keep as we travel to various racetracks or media and sponsor functions. Simply put, fishing is my down time.

Someone asked me the other day if there were any similarities in the skills that you needed to be successful in fishing and racing. I hadn’t really thought about that a lot, but I think there is one big similarity in the mental skills that you need to have to be a good racecar driver and a good fisherman, and that is patience.

Behind the wheel of a racecar, patience is what can keep you out of trouble on the racetrack. Patience keeps you from getting frustrated, losing your cool and making a mistake. And, this weekend at Talladega, patience will be especially important.

When there are 43 cars on the track that are nearly identical, that are running so close together and so equal, you have to be patient. The key is to stay calm and wait your turn if you aren’t running where you want to be, which is probablyin the lead pack. Eventually, you will have your opening and the ability to get to where you want to go. If you react quickly on the racetrack, the outcome may not be good for you or anyone else.

That’s just like fishing. More than likely, you are not going to catch a fish in the first few minutes you are out on the lake. Heck, it may even take you a couple of hours. You have to cast your line, reel it in, and if you don’t get anything, you have to repeat the same routine in another area of the water. Eventually, you will cast your line into just the right spot and you’ll hook that fish.

You can’t rush a good thing. That’s my advice for racing and fishing.

Hopefully, I will remember that and have plenty of patience all weekend. I’m racing in both the Nationwide race (in the No. 33 KHI Chevrolet) and in the Sprint Cup race. And when the garage closes every day, I’m heading out to one of my favorite fishing holes. And no, I’m not telling you where it is.
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan'shometownfan Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:07 pm

awesome article Steph! just so you guys know Dowagiac,MI is about 45minutes North of me in South Bend,real close!

Ryan'shometownfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:35 pm

I think his writing is good! I love his sense of humour!!
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:46 pm

You can't rush a good thing.

AMEN!

Haha, "Um...is there gonna be a red flag anytime soon? I really gotta pee!"
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down