Nascar Uncensored
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sexy Australian- Marcos!

5 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

The Sexy Australian- Marcos! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Sexy Australian- Marcos!

Post by Lady Bowyer Thu May 07, 2009 12:33 pm

You know, its true - Marcos is doing way better than the other two rookies, and I think he just may have a chance to get in the Chase!

There is a lot of racing to go, though, and it would be foolish to assume that anyone will be in there....3, 4 bad races in a row can really mess up the points!
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Thu May 07, 2009 2:04 pm

I'm voting for Marcos for the All-Star, but I don't think he'll make it.

I'm glad that Brad's gonna be in the race, but I'm also glad that he's out of the voting booth, because, let's face, no one else had a rat's ass chance in Hell over him.

Who hit me in the ass - HAHA, love it! I love the phrase, not that he got hit. No
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Fri May 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Hahahaha I know what you mean Smile

Whenever I hear it (because of course I have it taped and watch it over and over haha) I always make some smartass remark about how ILL hit him in the ass Twisted Evil hehehe
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Fri May 08, 2009 2:17 pm

Man, my brain must be tired, I just can't think of any snappy comebacks. scratch

Steph, I think I'm the one who needs my mojo back. pale
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Mon May 11, 2009 9:48 am

33RD PLACE FINISH AFTER DARLINGTON BITES AMBROSE

Marcos Ambrose has salvaged a 33rd place finish from a tough night in the Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway in South Carolina.

Ambrose started from 10th place aboard the #47 Bush’s Beans entry of JTG Daugherty Racing, his second top 10 and fifth top 20 starting position this season.

The Australian made contact with the wall on lap 28 and damaging the right side of his car, one of many cars to fall victim to the treacherous Darlington wall at the track regarded as ‘Too Tough To Tame’.

Ambrose pitted for repairs until eventually pulling off track to visit the garage on lap 72 for further repairs. Ambrose’s team got him back on track 16 laps later, leaving the 32-year-old to do his best to get his car to the finish and attempt to gain as main points as possible.

Ambrose was eventually classified in 33rd position, 55 laps behind the lead lap, dropping him down one spot to now sit 20th in the 2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series points standings after 11 races.

Mark Martin won today’s Southern 500 ahead of Jimmie Johnson and Tony Stewart.

Ambrose now heads to Lowe’s Motor Speedway for two consecutive weekends of racing, first with the non-championship Sprint Showdown and Sprint All-Star race, with the Coca-Cola 600 the following weekend.

WHAT MARCOS HAS TO SAY:

“A tough night really but my hat goes off to the crew for doing a great job to keep me out there,” said Ambrose.

“This track has bitten a lot of people and tonight was my turn I guess. It’s such a tough race. It was just a long night to stay out there but it meant that we didn’t get hurt in the points quite as bad as what we could have.

“We can now head to Charlotte and enjoy racing at our home track, sleeping in our own beds and try to put together two good weekends.

“The entire team continues to do a great job and they are giving me a great car each week. It was great to have Bush’s Beans on the car these past two weeks and I hope we did them proud. Just a pity we couldn’t bring it home with a better finish here in Darlington.”
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Mon May 11, 2009 3:20 pm

I completely agree with all of his quotes.

Amen, mate. Amen!
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Mon May 11, 2009 5:31 pm

...and just think of him saying all that with his accent. Wink
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Tue May 12, 2009 9:33 am

THE CHANCE TO RACE MARCOS AMBROSE ON AND OFF LINE

NASCAR star Marcos Ambrose is giving fans and competitors in Australia and New Zealand the opportunity to race him both online and on the track this year.

Ambrose has become the face of the world’s most advanced on-line racing simulation service as its makes a major marketing push into Australia and New Zealand.

iRacing.com has been developed over the past five years at a cost to date of more than $US25 million and offers host of road and oval racing experiences.

To celebrate the new relationship iRacing.com is offering Australian and New Zealand-based fans a special $US25 three-month introductory offer – 50% off the normal price!

Ambrose is doing his bit by giving all Australian and New Zealand members registered by August 30, 2009 the chance to win a return trip for two from their nearest capital city to the V8 Super School on Queensland’s Gold Coast in December.

At the school, which is jointly owned by Ambrose and V8 ace Paul Morris, the fans will have the chance to race Ambrose for real in an iRacing.com-branded Ford Falcon V8 race car.

“iRacing.com is for everyone and we want as many fans as possible to experience this great online simulation service as soon as possible,” said Ambrose, who won two V8 Supercar championships before heading to the US and the world of NASCAR.

“This is as close as you can get to real racing without writing a big cheque.

“The guys at iRacing.com have been generous with their three-month offer and I think the chance to race me and get a few racing tips in December is a bit of an extra incentive.”

All you need to race Ambrose and other racers from around the globe is an up-to-date PC, gaming steering wheel and pedals (which you can buy for as little as $100 from your local electronics store), a high-speed internet connection and an iRacing.com account.

All fans have to do is go to iRacing.com and complete the registration using the special promotion code of “PR-AMBROSE”.

Already thousands of professional racers, amateur competitors and every day fans are using iRacing.com to develop their racing skills and track knowledge as well as become actively involved in regular organised competition.

HOW TO GET STARTED

All that’s needed for an aspiring internet racer to compete with Ambrose and other racers from around the globe is an up-to-date PC running Windows XP or Vista, an inexpensive gaming steering wheel and pedals (which you can buy for as little as $100 from your local electronics store), a high-speed internet connection and an iRacing.com account.

For the latter, go to iRacing.com, click the box in the upper right hand corner labeled “activate promotion code” and complete the registration using the special promotion code “PR-AMBROSE”.

Already thousands of professional racers, amateur competitors and everyday fans are using iRacing.com to develop their racing skills and track knowledge as well as become actively involved in regular organised competition.

WHAT IS IRACING.COM?

iRacing.com is a subscription-based racing simulation service designed as a driver training tool for people who race in the physical world and for those who aspire to do so. iRacing is also a platform for the newest form of global motorsport - real-time, online competition, known as internet racing.

iRacing.com membership includes access to the world's most accurate racing simulation software and unlimited seat-time to build and hone the skills necessary to win on track. In addition, the integrated service features professionally sanctioned racing for drivers of all skill levels, and every subscription includes everything you need to compete for race wins and season-long championships.

"iRacing.com is the most modern racing simulation ever created,” said Dale Earnhardt, Jr.

“Every inch of every track is modeled perfectly. I've used iRacing to learn new courses such as Virginia International Raceway, or to keep the rust off at tracks such as Infineon Raceway. For the hardcore sim racer, this is your dream simulation. For the actual real-world racer, this is your 'at-home' test vehicle. Acclimate yourself with a new course or learn something new on an old favorite. Even a rookie in the sim racing world can get up to speed fast within the iRacing system."

iRacing.com subscribers are part of a global community of racers and enthusiasts that includes drivers of all types (amateur to pro), interests (oval and road racing), and nationalities. Members can develop friendships - and racing rivalries - with drivers from all over the world, and do so in an environment that emphasizes respect and civility towards fellow racers.

iRacing.com was founded in September of 2004 by Dave Kaemmer and John Henry. Kaemmer was co-founder of Papyrus Design Group, developers of award-winning racing simulations including NASCAR Racing: 2003 Season and Grand Prix Legends. Henry is principal owner of the Boston Red Sox and Fenway Sports Group – the co-owner of Roush Fenway Racing – as well as an avid simracer. The iRacing.com team combines more than 100 years of real-world racing experience with more than 50 years of successful racing simulation development.

The company has developed numerous corporate relationships in the motorsport industry, including agreements to develop track simulations with International Speedway Corporation, Speedway Motorsports Inc. and Panoz Motor Sports Group and vehicles with General Motors, Riley Technologies, Radical Sportscars, and 600 Racing. iRacing.com is the official simulation partner of the Star Mazda Championship and the Skip Barber Racing School. The service is open to racers and fans of all skill levels from top-level pros to complete beginners.

To join in the fun, go to www.iRacing.com.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Tue May 12, 2009 12:27 pm

I love how he is taking it upon himself to introduce nascar to Australia and stuff....thats so awesome!!
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Tue May 12, 2009 1:15 pm

I know, we must spread the word.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Tue May 12, 2009 2:31 pm

And spread the word he shall!

<insert angelic choir sound here>
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Tue May 12, 2009 2:46 pm

LMAO!

Then everyone will be out in the streets, knocking on doors.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Tue May 19, 2009 10:08 am

The Sexy Australian- Marcos! - Page 6 Marcos-ambrose-05-10-09

Virgo (darn those Virgins anyhow, ha!)

Your element: Earth

Your ruling planets: Mercury

Symbol: The Virgin

Your stone: Sapphire

Life Pursuit: To do the right thing

Vibration: Compassionate and caring

Virgo's Secret Desire: To love and be loved in return

Description:
Virgos are often put down badly by many astrologers and written up as being fussy and narrow-minded. But when a Virgo shines, there is practically no sign to match their inner light. An in-tune Virgo is a treat to meet. When a Virgo is confident within themselves they are the most successful, structured and creative of all the signs.

Many Virgos can be found working in the "service to others" industries, ranging from welfare work, doctors, school-teachers through to practising natural forms of healing like massage, herbal remedies etc. One of the most magical characteristics of the Virgo is no matter how many times life or romance turns sour on them, they still manage to maintain faith in others, refusing to become cynical. There is ingenuity around this sign, a kind-heartedness, which unfortunately is sometimes played upon by others for their advantage. Virgos can often become victims of relationship power-games, where they are mistreated.

Creative and sensitive, Virgos are delicate people who, like rare and special orchids, require individual treatment to fully blossom into their true unique beauty. Shy, they are happy to allow others to take centre-stage and often generate their time and energy into making those they love happy or successful.

Virgos are givers and when the chips are down and you need a friend, the one available during those testing times when you need advice or companionship the most, is likely to be a Virgo. Virgos understand human frailties better than most, because they are so deep and reflective themselves. With a Virgo in your life you have someone who understands and cares and any romance or friendship based upon these qualities is certain to be mutually rewarding. Star Sign Compatibility
How compatible is your star sign with another star sign?

your fully- detailed astrology report no ordinary horoscope can provide. If you were born on the first or last day of a Sun sign, in astrological terms you were born on a cusp. If that's the case, you will probably benefit from reading your own Sun sign and the Sun sign that ends or begins right before or after your date of birth. For example, if your birth date is 22 December, your Sun sign is Capricorn, but you probably have some Sagittarian traits as well
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Sat May 23, 2009 9:12 am

AMBROSE TO START 23RD FOR 965 KILOMETRE NIGHT IN CHARLOTTE…

Marcos Ambrose will start 23rd for his Sprint Cup debut at Lowe’s Motor Speedway after a satisfactory performance for the Coca-Cola 600 in Concord, North Carolina today.

Ambrose, who lives just 15 minutes from the 1.5-mile speedway in nearby Kannapolis, steered his Kingsford entry to a midfield starting position for the Sunday night (Monday morning Australian time) race, the longest on the NASCAR schedule.

Ryan Newman won the pole position ahead of Kyle Busch and Jeff Burton.

Earlier in the day it was Mark Martin who topped first practice, with Ambrose’s #47 JTG Daughtery Racing entry in a respectable 22nd position in the 47-car field.

POINTS AGAIN ON THE LINE IN CHARLOTTE …

After last week’s non-points event at Lowe’s Motor Speedway, 2009 Sprint Cup Series points are again on the line in the Coca-Cola 600 this weekend.

Ambrose has shown some fine form in his first full season at Sprint Cup level this year, currently sitting 20th in the points standings.

The Australian is keen to post a solid finish in Sunday’s night’s marathon to improve his points position.

A race of almost 1000 kilometres is not foreign to Ambrose, who competed in five Bathurst 1000 events while racing in the V8 Supercar Championship Series in his native Australia.

But one key difference – that race sees two drivers per car. At Lowe’s this weekend, the driver from Launceston, Tasmania is all on his own aboard the #47 ...

BUSY RACE WEEK IN THE HOME OF NASCAR …

Any event at Lowe’s Motor Speedway always means a busy schedule for drivers and teams as the NASCAR community enjoys one of three events at the venue right in the heart of NASCAR country – Charlotte, North Carolina.

Ambrose joined Michael Waltrip, David Reutimann, Michael McDowell and Scott Speed in signing autographs and meeting fans at the Michael Waltrip Racing headquarters in Cornelius, North Carolina mid-week, as well as making time to race his crew chief Frank Kerr at zMax Dragway adjacent to Lowe’s Motor Speedway for SPEED TV’s Pass Time program.

You will have to wait until September to watch SPEED and see who won ... but remember, ‘Frankie’ is a former Sprintcar legend, so it was certainly no mismatch!

NASCAR TO SANCTION OFFICIAL iRacing.com COMPETITION IN 2010 …

Not long after Marcos Ambrose announced his association with iRacing.com, NASCAR has confirmed that it will sanction an official NASCAR championship on the online simulation platform from 2010.

For the full story, visit: http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headlines/official/05/19/iracing.league/index.html

WHAT MARCOS HAS TO SAY:

On Qualifying ...

“It’s really tough and we had a tough practice,” said Ambrose.

“We picked up a lot of speed between practice and qualifying - and we have to be happy with that.

“We got a bad (qualifying) draw, but that’s just the way it goes. We’ve got a great car and really looking forward to the race and we’ll start in the front half.

“I’ll be working on trying to find a good balance. We’re pleased with it. It was decent. That’s all that we can ask for.

“We’ve been up and down, a bit. It’s hard to really pinpoint it, but I think these tyres are very susceptible to heat on the track and this track is very heat sensitive anyway. It’s going to be a tough weekend.”

On the race ...

“I’ve never driven in a race this long without sharing driving responsibilities,” said Ambrose.

“I’m looking forward to racing into the night there.

“The Showdown last weekend was a good practice session for us and we learned some things that will help us in the Coca-Cola 600.

“We’re actually bringing a different Kingsford car with a different setup for this race. It’s the car we raced at Atlanta Motor Speedway earlier this season.

“Lowe’s Motor Speedway really suits my style. It’s just a great place to race and I learned a lot last weekend. I feel like we made some progress. We’ve just got to get into a groove there.”

AND A WORD FROM #47 CREW CHIEF FRANK KERR:

“We figured we wouldn’t bring that car back from the Showdown without some damage so we planned to run a different car for the Coca-Cola 600,” said Kerr.

“We missed the set-up a little in the Showdown, but we feel like we’re dialled in with this car that we’re bringing.”
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Wed May 27, 2009 11:37 am

AMBROSE INVOLVED IN UNIQUE MARK OF RESPECT

Marcos Ambrose has been a part of a unique mark of respect on his way to being classified in 26th position when the rescheduled Coca-Cola 600 was declared early due to rain at Lowe’s Motor Speedway in Charlotte, North Carolina.

With the race moved to the Memorial Day holiday, NASCAR stopped the entire 43-car field just short of 3:00pm local time after 163 laps to observe the National Moment of Remembrance. The cars lined up on the frontstretch and shut down the engines as crew members lined up the length of pit road to honour members of the military (image on the right).

Ambrose started from 23rd in the #47 Kingsford entry of JTG Daugherty Racing, but suffered from handling issues early.

After falling down a lap, Ambrose and his crew made set-up changes and in what is the longest race on the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series schedule, things looked on the improve for the Australian.

Ambrose leaped back onto the lead lap by earning the Lucky Dog mid-race and was poised to charge in the second half of the race.

Unfortunately for Ambrose, rain saw the race red flagged just past the halfway point, one day after rain saw the event postponed from Sunday to Monday.

Ambrose’s stablemate David Reutimann earned Michael Waltrip Racing its first Sprint Cup win by taking out the shortened Coca-Cola 600 ahead of Ryan Newman and Robby Gordon.

WHAT MARCOS HAS TO SAY:

“It was certainly a unique thing to see happen on a race track but it was a great way to show our thanks to all the service men and women,” said Ambrose.

“It was a little frustrating that the rain cut the race short.

“Our car was not that great early. We worked on it and made it a little better, but went down a lap.

“The track was coming to us and the changes started to work.

“We got the Lucky Dog to get back up on the lead lap but the race didn’t last much longer before the rain.

“We definitely had a good car there and it was getting better, which had us looking good for the second half of the race.

“It just shows how the smallest set-up changes on these cars makes a massive difference and it’s hard to get it right.

“I’m very, very happy to see David (Reutimann) and the Michael Waltrip Racing guys get the win.

“They thoroughly deserve it. They’ve been at this for three years now and they’ve been working so hard. The work has been paying off and David has been right up there.

“I’m glad they could get their first Cup win and it was great to see the smiles on everyone’s faces when it was declared.”
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan'shometownfan Wed May 27, 2009 2:53 pm

this is why Marcos is an awesome person as well as driver! cheers

Ryan'shometownfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Wed May 27, 2009 5:16 pm

a kiss
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Thu May 28, 2009 11:46 am

AMBROSE KEEN TO TACKLE THE MONSTER MILE …

Marcos Ambrose always looks forward to races at the fast, tough one-mile Dover International Speedway in Dover, Delaware.

This weekend’s Autism Speaks 400 is no exception, with the Australian driver excited about his prospects ahead of his second start at the track known as ‘The Monster Mile’.

Ambrose has a history of solid results at the one-mile, concrete surfaced speedway, with his 2007 effort in the Nationwide Series standing out as a stellar performance, where he qualified in third place and finished in sixth position.

MICHAEL WALTRIP RACING RIDING HIGH AFTER DEBUT WIN …

Ambrose and his #47 JTG Daugherty Racing crew took satisfaction from David Reutimann’s win in the rain-shortened Coca-Cola 600 at Lowe’s Motor Speedway last weekend.

JTG Daugherty Racing shares a technical alliance with MWR, with all of Ambrose’s #47 entries are built and prepared out of the MWR facility in Cornelius, North Carolina.

With Ambrose and Reutimann effectively team-mates of sorts – or ‘stablemates’ – Ambrose and his #47 crew were pleased to see the #00 Aaron’s team visit Victory Lane on Memorial Day in one of the biggest events of the season.

AMBROSE RUNS FIFTH #47 LIVERY FOR 2009…

Ambrose will take to the track in his fifth livery of the season in Dover this weekend, debuting the #47 RaceSavers.com entry of JTG Daugherty Racing.

RaceSavers.com will launch this weekend in conjunction with the blue and red livery hitting the race track.

The online marketing brand is a project of JTG Daugherty Racing’s well-renowned marketing team, in collaboration with several NASCAR sponsors.

WHAT MARCOS HAS TO SAY:

“Dover is a track that I always look forward to,” said Ambrose.

“It’s quite unique with its configuration and surface. It’s quite ‘racey’ and when you have your car working well there and you’re fully committed and pushing hard, it’s very rewarding.

“We have had an up and down few weeks, with a crash in Darlington and the rainout in Charlotte.

“I’m confident that the pace is still there, we just need to get a good run going in Dover and get a good result on the board to get the momentum going again
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:20 pm

WOW!

The Sexy Australian- Marcos! - Page 6 146-87895573JH066_Autism_Speaksstan
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:02 pm

The Sexy Australian- Marcos! - Page 6 630-88005419JB025_Toyota_Save_Mstan
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:45 am

You know, he resembles Ron Capps....
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:00 am

Ahhh, you think it too, 'eh? Cool

Yes, he does.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan'shometownfan Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:32 am

Congrats to our fav. Aussie,a #3 finsh at Bristol! Look out for Marcos in 2010! He can now do well on short track as well as road courses!

Ryan'shometownfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:22 pm

I'll take a second-place finish. I'm not a crybaby like a certain someone else we all know, so I shall accept it gracefully.

---even though it still was a bummer---
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:21 pm

"Don't you see, mate? I'M the man. That's why everyone wants to interview me."

The Sexy Australian- Marcos! - Page 6 9-3-200912-03-12PM
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum