Nascar Uncensored
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clinty's Weekly Blogs

4 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Clinty's Weekly Blogs Empty Clinty's Weekly Blogs

Post by Lady Bowyer Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:52 pm

This is where Ill post his weekly blogs from his new site, www.clintbowyer.com I love you

Hey guys, welcome to the second edition of my blog here on the new site. Wow, a lot has happened since the last time we spoke. I finally had some time to sit down this afternoon and think a little bit before the weekend arrives. This morning I was up early and flew down to Atlanta for some Holiday Inn Media training. I'm pretty excited to be driving the #29 RCR Holiday Inn Chevrolet for 10 races. I'll be back with Dan Deeringhoff and paired up with Jeff Burton and Steven Leicht so the owner's championship should be well within our grasp. Anyways, I finally got back here to the dirt shop a couple of hours ago and just sat down to write my blog. With my pilot, Ric Ebert, sitting here, just in front of my Late Model cars it make me think of a funny movie I liked when I was a kid, Planes, trains, and automobiles! Here is what has been going on.

The first thing I did was go test the dirt cars with Dale McDowell at Volusia. We had a really good time. It's hard to describe how good those cars feel when they are hooked up and handling well. They are just a blast! Plus, we were both fast, so that always helps the "good time" if you know what I mean? The tricky part was evaluating the two different chassis Dale and I have. Dale has been driving a Warrior chassis and I've been using Rocket. We both spent time in each chassis, but at the end of the day, we found things that work good on both. And again, both were fast, so it's all good.

I got home really late Friday night so I took some extra time to sleep in Saturday morning. My brothers and I had a bunch of friends down for the weekend, so we showed them the RCR museum here in Welcome and then had a good time out at my house. I remember the first time I drove into the RCR complex and saw that museum and thought how cool it was. So, it's pretty cool to have friends visit and see them be impressed. I have to say, if you were an Earnhardt fan, or simply a fan of NASCAR at all, it's worth the trip to check it out. Plus, my wrecked 2007 Daytona 500 car is in there and still has the grass inside it. Haha!

Monday morning came at 5:30am and it was time to get serious. We had a test scheduled for Rockingham and I was excited to get behind the wheel of the #33 Cheerios/Hamburger Helper RCR Impala SS for the first time. I think the test was more of a "getting to know each other" deal, than a performance enhancer. It was also cool to get to drive on a track with such a rich history like "The Rock." The old girl was a little rough, but it was pretty cool because we got to drive on the big track and the short track in the middle. We spent Monday doing shirt track stuff, then I drove home, slept for a couple hours, then was gone again at 5:30am to get back down there for the big track testing. Everything went really well and all I can say is, bring on the season. We're going to be ready.

Wednesday morning I jumped on an airplane and headed to the General Mills Headquarters up in Minneapolis. Let me tell you it is cold up there! But the General Mills facility was amazing. You drive into the place off of General Mills Boulevard, and enter what I can only describe as a small city. The venue has it's own grocery store, clothing store, a day care, and even it's own on-site dentist and doctor. Talk about setting it up to get the most from your employees! It seems like a very cool place to work, and they all treated me great.

Tomorrow morning I will be heading down to Charlotte to read books to a group of kids, then I'm back to Kansas this weekend for my brother Casey's wedding reception. I tell you, it's planes, trains, and automobiles all the time, it seems.

Talk to you guys next week, take care!

-Clint Bowyer #33
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Clinty's Weekly Blogs Empty Re: Clinty's Weekly Blogs

Post by Kewman2939 Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:08 pm

Wow, that's really cool! Ryan doesn't have a blog, Krissie does. But I don't read those.

Ronnie has one though.

That's cool that they tested in Atlanta. bounce I love you
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:43 pm

I dont blame ya for not reading Krissie's.

I wouldnt either! No offence to her, but uh, no
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:11 pm

Well, not only that, but she just REALLY turned me off when I read a post where she was totally sarcastic, RUDE and - above all that - she seemed to be blaming Ryan because he wasn't doing well. BITCH, WTF?!? Get a grip.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:33 pm

REALLY!?

Okay, that would do it for me too.

The moment you start doubting your man, your ass should be GONE
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:38 pm

I'll never forget that. However, she posted a really sweet one later on. It wasn't about Ryan but about their charity work.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:55 pm

Hmm.. I wonder if shes ever posted anything decent and sweet about Ryan then!!
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:13 pm

Maybe it was just me getting carried away, but it did sound harsh. I expected more from her.

Anyway, this is Clint's place to shine. I'll stop talking about the NASCAR women. Razz I'll just take the Krissie bashing over to Ryan's thread. Twisted Evil
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:31 pm

Hahaha Ill meet you over there, then Very Happy
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:38 am

bounce
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:10 pm

Hi guys, welcome to blog #3. It seems like every time I sit down to write this I begin with, "Man, I've been busy!" Oh well, I guess that is how I like to be. Things are moving quickly around here and I can't believe there's only 10 days until the big race...

This past weekend we flew to Kansas for my brother Casey's wedding reception in Topeka. He had his wedding in the Bahamas, but we wanted to have the reception back home so everyone could come congratulate him, and party of course! Anytime I get to go back to Kansas it's a good time, this time we flew into Forbes Field Airport, which was right beside one of my old stomping grounds, Heartland Park Topeka. I had a lot of fun over there and man does time sure fly by. Anyways, there was almost 200 people at the reception and everyone had a good time, except my brother Andy, who had to give the toast speech. Let's just say the pressure and the nerves got to him! That was pretty funny.

We all watched the Super Bowl when we got home Sunday, and that was quite a game. I was pulling for the Cardinals as the underdog, but I didn't really care who won. I'm a Chiefs fan, and we all know that they didn't have too good of a year. It was a fun game to watch. Monday was a really fun day. Kawasaki Motor Corp., is one of our new sponsors and they brought out a camera crew to film a web video for their new 2009 Kawasaki Teryx. My roots are in motocross, so I'm pretty pumped to have Kawasaki as a sponsor. I spent most of my riding days on a green machine. They ended up bringing out four machines to RC's farm. We sat up a little course through the field and trees and had a great time. All four RCR drivers and RC were there. I guess you could say it was the first time the four of us were racing as teammates, which was cool.

We had our big season kick-off meeting at RCR Tuesday, which went really well. Everyone at RCR is fired up for the new season, to say the least. A lot of hard work goes on during the off-season and we all want to put that work to good use on the track and make everyone proud. Things are looking great. After the meeting I took off for Tampa, Fla., to meet up with Dale and the dirt team for the first night of late model racing this year. I am always excited to get behind the wheel of a late model, I haven't raced one since the Prelude last year, so I was on the chip to say the least. East Bay Raceway Park hosts a weeks worth of racing and then on to Volusia County next week for another week of racing. We were looking to make a good showing after our test went so well, but things didn't go as planned. The track was a dry slick and when we tested it was heavy, so our set up wasn't the best. Dale ended up breaking and I had trouble getting used to the new conditions. Oh well, we have another chance tonight to redeem ourselves and hopefully the fans will see a better showing from Clint Bowyer Racing.

The dirt racing is a lot of fun, but as soon as I'm finished, I'm off to the big track at Daytona to turn my focus to the Camping World 300 and the 500. Time to get serious and get ready to start the year on the right foot. I'll be on the track for the first time in the 2009 season this Saturday afternoon when I go out for Cup practice.

We're ready to go. Wish us luck in qualifying! Thanks for reading, and I'll be back next Wednesday.

-Clint Bowyer #33

Baby, I'm wishing you good luck in qualifying like you wouldn't believe I love you
I know you can do it, but Ill stop breathing when you're out there...so make it a quick two around and get up in that top standing Wink
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:12 pm

OMG, that ending was too sweet. I wish Ryan would write stuff like that.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:18 pm

Im really loving this new site and blogs and stuff....I CANT WAIT for the new gallery to get up and coming....hehehehehehe....that should be where my dreams start waking back up again
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:25 pm

I wonder if Kasey does blogs? I bet they're also very sweet, just like Clint's.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:28 pm

Hmmm....I wonder.....we should try to find out who does so we can keep track of the inside line.....so to speak Very Happy
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:32 pm

To Kasey's site we go... bounce
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:34 pm

I'm feeling adventurous with my avvie today....I might make a new one up
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:50 pm

Go for it!!!
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:45 am

Hello, race fans! Wow, what a week at Daytona. Speedweeks is always such a long haul, and with the dirt car stuff thrown in the mix it's quite a trip let me tell you. I know I missed my blog last week, but with it being Daytona week I didn't want to go out and make any bold statements or jinx myself and my crew in any way. I was confident that my new team would be strong and they didn't disappoint, did they? I couldn't be prouder of Shane and the boys.

The #29 Holiday Inn crew was awesome as well. Man, when you have a car like I did on Saturday it sure makes it tough to swallow when you come up a little short. And speaking of short, my teammate Kevin and I didn't want to see them call the race at all. We're were on the charge to the front and I truly believe the win would have been his or mine if they would have turned us loose again. But, hey, no need to get greedy. We had two top fives and brought home two clean race cars so that's awesome. I hate saying a place owes me one, because it never does. But, Daytona is my best track and I can't seem to get a win! We'll get'em there sooner or later, I promise you.

I've had a great week at home so far. The guys at Klock Werks Kustom Cycles created a custom Harley Davidson that was modeled after my 49 Merc. I can't tell you how bad this thing is! She is all black with red ghost flames, just like my Merc. The bike has a super charger on her and they told me she has 145 HP at the rear wheel. The guys brought the bike up to RCR and we did a photo shoot for American Bagger Magazine. Brian Klock and his crew are about as cool as they come and we had a great time hanging out at the shop.

I'll be leaving tomorrow for two big weeks in California and Las Vegas. Those are two of the most important races of the year because a lot of our schedule consists of those types of tracks. If you can run strong out there, you know you'll be pretty good on the mile and half stuff throughout the year. Everyone on the #33 RCR Cheerios/Hamburger Helper Impala is pumped up after running so well in the Daytona 500. I've always said that getting the season started on the right foot is the best way to make it to The Chase. We realize a lot of folks counted us out of The Chase before the season began, but we're ready to show them how strong we are and prove them wrong.

Thanks for all of the nice words on the message boards. I read it every day and it's cool to know we have some many loyal fans. We're going to head out West to take care of business for you.

Talk to you next week!

-Clint Bowyer #33
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:45 am

Hello, friends and fans. Sorry I'm a little late with this week's blog. Yep, you guessed it - I've been busy! The California-Las Vegas swing a long 10 days on the West Coast. In year's past I've always gone back and forth to North Carolina between the races. This year I changed up my plans some and took a little time to myself and took a trip to Montana. It is absolutely beautiful up there. The scenery is something out of the movies, but what really surprised me was all the wildlife and how close you were to them. I saw elk in herds like cattle, bald eagles, rams you name I saw it. It was a great release to step away from the racing world for a couple of days.

We rode snowmobiles, hiked and took in the sites. Yellowstone National Park is a place everyone should make it to at least once in their lives. Growing up in Kansas we didn't get to see many mountians and when we got to Montana my jaw dropped, it's gorgeous up there to say the least.

I just landed in Vegas last night and I'm ready to take another swing at this place. Two years ago I had a fast car, and one that I thought was as good as anybody that day, then last year I was on the other side of things and the car wasn't very good. It would be nice to unload the car and be in the middle there and give myself and my team a chance to work our way into a top-10 or better. They've completely redesigned the infield here and it's a fun place to come to as far as being close to the fans. But, personally, I'd be happier if I just go out and run at the front of the pack.

I'm really happy with my new team. It's almost like we've been working together for a longtime, because things have gone smooth. We've had strong pit stops, and Shane and I are working well together. I'm looking forward to a great year with them and my teammates.

See you next week!

-Clint Bowyer #33
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:09 am

Wow, I'd love to go to Yellowstone, Yosemite, etc.

He's just one of the nicest guys, I swear. I love reading the blogs, thanks, Steph!
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan'shometownfan Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:07 pm

Clinty is soo cool! Thanks Steph! Very Happy

Ryan'shometownfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:13 pm

Thank you Clinty!!

We love your blogs!! I love you
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:18 pm

I know. We need Ryan to blog. All we have is Krissie's Korner for fuck's sake.

She's been on her best behavior lately, but still.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:35 pm

Hmm...I wonder why...

Maybe she is one of the guests?!??!
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down