Nascar Uncensored
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2008 YEARBOOK!!!

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2008 YEARBOOK!!! Empty 2008 YEARBOOK!!!

Post by Kewman2939 Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:35 pm

Here's the place to post pics, post quotations, etc. Let's make it a real yearbook!!!

DAYTONA 500, FEBRUARY 17th, 2008!
2008 YEARBOOK!!! 7810788_7_22008 YEARBOOK!!! NewmanVictoryLane
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

2008 YEARBOOK!!! Empty Re: 2008 YEARBOOK!!!

Post by Kewman2939 Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:39 pm

Michael McDowell, Texas:

2008 YEARBOOK!!! McDowell2008 YEARBOOK!!! Mcdowell_wreck_600
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:41 pm

My first race!

2008 YEARBOOK!!! DSCN3928
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Busch18fanAR Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:46 pm

i need help posting pic that are on my computer and videos. I am behind the times i guess.
Busch18fanAR
Busch18fanAR

http://dale jr sucks balls!.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:48 pm

Do you have Photobucket? That's what we use on here. It's free, and you can store photos, then post them on websites. Just use the IMG code.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:53 pm

10 NATIONWIDE WINS FOR KYLE BUSCH!!! cheers bounce denny

Kyle Busch gets record-tying 10th Nationwide victory of season Story Highlights
Kyle Busch won at Texas for his record-tying 10th win of the season
Busch has a combined 21 victories this year in the top three series

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- Kyle Busch overpowered the field Saturday in the NASCAR Nationwide Race at Texas Motor Speedway, winning in the second-tier series for a record-tying 10th time this season.

Busch, whose first victory of the season came on the same 1.5-mile oval in April, matched Sam Ard's season record set in 1983. He held off a charging Carl Edwards in the final laps of the O'Reilly Challenge.

The strong run by Edwards, combined with Clint Bowyer's sixth-place finish, moved Edwards within 91 points of the series leader with two races remaining.

Although Busch has had a disappointing run in the Chase for the Sprint Cup and is out of contention for the title despite dominating the regular season, he has a total of 21 victories this season, including eight in Cup and three in trucks.

But this one was special as the 23-year-old Busch dedicated the latest win to South Carolinian Ard, a two-time Nationwide --then called the Busch Series -- champion suffering from Alzheimer's disease and in tough straits financially.

"Sam Ard was one of the pioneers of the sport and this really means a lot to me," Busch said after his now-traditional victory bows to the crowd. "I got to thinking about it and I decided I'm going give him $100,000 to try to help him out."

Edwards, who won the Nationwide title a year ago, is second in both this series and Cup, where he will try to cut into Jimmie Johnson's 183-point margin in Sunday's Dickies 500.

Edwards gave up some track position Saturday, falling from second to fifth when he took four fresh tires during a late pit stop, while Busch and Mark Martin, who finished third, took two. But Edwards quickly moved forward, taking second place from Martin on lap 196 and getting within three car lengths of the leader on the final lap.

"Man, I needed about two more laps," said Edwards, who drove from fifth to second after the final restart with seven laps to go. "We got 25 points on (Bowyer) today and now 91 points is completely doable, so I'm happy about that.

"We both had good cars today, but we got him with that late call (for four tires) and a little bit of traffic at the end."

Bowyer began the day 116 points ahead of Edwards and appeared to have one of the best cars on the track until he faded late in the race.

"We just got real tight at the end. We'll be all right," Bowyer said. "All-in-all, it was a good day."

But this day belonged to Busch, who led 174 of the 200 laps. The youngster, who has raced in only 28 of the 33 Nationwide events this season and is not a factor in the points race, also led 126 of 200 laps in the April win.

Saturday's victory was the 21st career win for Busch in Nationwide and the 19th win in the series this season for Joe Gibbs Racing.

"The year's not over, yet," Busch said. "I don't even know all the numbers, to tell the truth. It's just phenomenal the way this year's gone. But a lot of the success belongs to Joe Gibbs Racing and what they've done this year."

Eighteen-year-old Joey Logano, another JGR driver, turned in another solid performance, finishing fourth, with David Ragan fifth.

Kevin Harvick, who had won the past three fall Nationwide races here, ran in the top 10 most of the day, but wound up 29th after breaking an axle as he left the pits following a stop late in the race.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Audrina88 Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:46 pm

Dale Jr in the AMP/National Guard #88 for HMS! Very Happy
2008 YEARBOOK!!! Amp10
Audrina88
Audrina88
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Audrina88 Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:17 pm

My 1st 2008 race at DEGA!!! bounce
2008 YEARBOOK!!! 100_08102008 YEARBOOK!!! 100_08112008 YEARBOOK!!! 100_08122008 YEARBOOK!!! 100_08132008 YEARBOOK!!! 100_08142008 YEARBOOK!!! 100_0815
Audrina88
Audrina88
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:29 am

Uh-oh, the 48's leading the 88 in that lower pic - not good. affraid

18-year-old Logano cruises to Meijer 300 victory in Kentucky

Associated Press

Updated: June 15, 2008, 2:49 PM ET

SPARTA, Ky. -- Tom Logano had modest goals for son Joey when the 18-year-old prodigy made his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut last month in Dover. The elder Logano thought it would take Joey maybe 10 races to reach Victory Lane.
The kid simply couldn't wait that long.
Joey Logano became the youngest winner in Nationwide Series history Saturday night, cruising to victory in the Meijer 300 at Kentucky Speedway in his third series start. Logano, at 18 years, 21 days old, broke the age record of 18 years, 10 months, 9 days set by Casey Atwood in Milwaukee in 1999.
[+] Enlarge

2008 YEARBOOK!!! Rpm_a_logano_200

AP Photo/Ed Reinke

Joey Logano never looked back after grabbing the lead from teammate Kyle Busch on Lap 147.

"Three starts, two poles, one win. He's OK," quipped crew chief Dave Rogers.
The Joe Gibbs Racing driver nicknamed "Sliced Bread" might be even better than that. Logano took the lead from teammate Kyle Busch on Lap 147 and had little trouble the rest of the way after Busch's night ended with a visit to the wall in the second turn with 37 laps to go.
"I expected to win here, I expected to win in Dover," Logano said. "I have to win races. [Losing] is not even an option."
Tom Logano watched from the pits as his son carefully guided his No. 20 Toyota over the final laps at the 1.5-mile tri-oval, then celebrated with what he called the best Father's Day present ever.
"It's golden baby! No. 1!" Tom Logano said.
"I was wondering what I was going to get for me dad," Joey Logano said. "This should work for sure."
Hailed as a prodigy by NASCAR star Mark Martin when he was just 15, Logano became the second Kentucky victor to win from the pole and the eighth different winner in eight races since the race's inception.
The track has developed a reputation for rewarding young drivers with their first series victory. David Gilliland parlayed his win here in 2006 to a ride in the Sprint Cup.
It probably won't take Logano long to join him. The way he dominated the field over the final 37 laps, the path to Victory Lane could become awfully familiar.
Logano flattened two tires while showing off for the fans after the race, a show of youthful exuberance that belies the steady hand Logano showed while making history.

Impatient Youth

2008 YEARBOOK!!! Rpm_a_logano_65
Joey Logano became the youngest driver in Nationwide Series history to win a race, breaking the nine-year mark of Casey Atwood who won at 18 years, 313 days old.

DriverYears-DaysTrack
'08 Joey Logano18-21Kentucky
'99 Casey Atwood8-313Milwaukee
'04 Kyle Busch19-12Richmond

It was a run that got considerably easier when Busch ran into trouble on Lap 163. Busch started at the back of the field after missing qualifying, but wasted little time getting to the front. The Sprint Cup star needed just 40 laps to take the lead and led 85 laps before getting loose in the second turn. He finished 30th.
"I don't know what exactly happened," Busch said. "I got loose and hit the wall I guess."
Logano, who said he consults with Busch often, would have liked the opportunity to race his teammate to the checkered flag. It appeared they would before Busch wrecked. The duo combined to lead 161 of the race's 200 laps.
"It was unfortunate to see Kyle hit the fence, but I think our car was strong enough to maybe hold him off," Logano said.
It was certainly strong enough to hold off the rest of the field. Logano said he prayed for green the last 20 laps because he was running so smoothly. He didn't receive much of a challenge from second-place finisher Scott Wimmer, who never got closer than a speck in Logano's rearview mirror.
"It's really just hard to run with [Busch and Logano]," Wimmer said. "Really, all the Toyota's really have it going on right now, but we hung in there."
Mike Wallace was third and Brad Keselowski, who picked up his first victory last week in Nashville, was fourth. Series leader Clint Bowyer finished ninth after starting 25th.
While his cell phone buzzed constantly afterward with well-wishers, Logano hardly seemed ready to party. He's been saddled with expectations for years, and admits it would seem "weird" if he didn't feel the pressure to perform.
Team owner Joe Gibbs said before Logano's debut that he only expected a first or second every time. Gibbs was kidding, but the combination of his team's dominance and his young star's talent could mean the joke is on the rest of the Nationwide Series.
The weight of getting the first victory out of the way, Logano is only too eager to prepare for the second.
"Now I can get rolling," he said.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:49 pm

July 30, 2008

Ryan Newman to Race with Stewart-Haas

Tony Stewart's future is looking brighter because of Joe Gibbs Racing's inability to find sponsorship for a fourth team. Thanks to that lack of sponsorship, Stewart's new 2009 Stewart-Haas racing team now has a verbal agreement with top tier NASCAR driver and fellow Indianan, Ryan Newman.

Stewart, throughout his career in the Sprint Cup Series has driven the No. 20 car, will now drive the No. 14. Newman will switch from the No. 12, which he now drives with Penske Racing, to the No. 4.

18-year-old rookie Joey Logano, part of Gibbs' current Nationwide Series team, is expected to take Stewart's Sprint Cup ride in the No. 20.
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Busch18fanAR Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:56 pm

someone post jr and kyles run in at richmond.

Last edited by Busch18fanAR on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Busch18fanAR
Busch18fanAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:56 pm

2008 YEARBOOK!!! Sharpie500UUhncSCHR2Pl

August 24, 2008

BRISTOL, Tenn. -- Just as one mystery at Richard Childress Racing was solved, others developed Saturday.

As expected, Casey Mears was named the fourth driver of the growing RCR stable prior to Saturday's Sharpie 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway. Beginning in 2009, Mears will drive the No. 07 car sponsored by Jack Daniel's that currently is being piloted by Clint Bowyer. Bowyer will move to the No. 33 car sponsored by General Mills that technically will be the new fourth car.

There was much speculation that Bowyer would move to the No. 33 car, but that RCR was petitioning NASCAR to allow him to take the No. 07 owner points with him next season. Team owner Richard Childress said Saturday that will not be the case.

"There have been a lot of questions asked about what we're doing. One that I get a lot is about the points," Childress said. "The points will stay with the 07. We've got all the confidence in the world in Clint and his team. We've got some things working for that, as well."

The new mysteries surrounded just how the two teams will be built, where owner points for the No. 33 may come, and just what Childress may have up his sleeve next.

Among the more interesting comments made Saturday was Childress' response to one reporter's question about if he was looking at possibly merging with another team in some way. Childress did not rule it out.

"I can't comment on that right now," he said in a cryptic response. He did not elaborate.

There was speculation that Childress might attempt to purchase owner points for Bowyer's new ride from another organization, or that some type of joint venture might be in the works. The most obvious potential player in any such scenario would be Dale Earnhardt Inc., with which RCR already shares an engine-building operation in Earnhardt-Childress Racing Technologies.

Bobby Hutchens recently left his job as general manager of Earnhardt-Childress Racing Technologies to become vice president of competition at DEI in what was described by Childress and others as a decision made jointly by both operations.

Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Bowyer Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:59 pm

Busch18fanAR wrote:someone post jr and kyles run in at richmond.

Tim, was that "the hit heard round the world"??

Because in that case,

May 5, 2008

RICHMOND, Va. -- In a heartbreaking race for Virginia native Denny Hamlin and victory-starved Dale Earnhardt Jr., Clint Bowyer stole a win in Saturday night's Crown Royal 400 at Richmond International Raceway.

In fact, Bowyer's victory was merely a footnote during an evening that produced high drama in NASCAR's top series.

2008 YEARBOOK!!! Burnoutrichmond

Clint Bowyer celebratesWithin three laps of a victory that would have ended a two-year, 71-race drought, Earnhardt Jr. smacked the outside wall in Turn 3 after Kyle Busch slid up the track into Junior's No. 88 Chevrolet as the two drivers battled for the lead on Lap 398 (watch video).

Busch held off Mark Martin to finish second, after angry fans threw beer cans over the catch fence onto the track as the cars circled under the caution period leading up to a green-white-checkered finish. Tony Stewart posted a solid fourth-place finish, followed by Martin Truex Jr.

Bowyer, who won for the first time this year and the second time in his career, pulled away on the two-lap dash that extended the race 10 laps beyond its scheduled distance.

Hamlin had the race's dominant car, but the No. 11 Toyota wasn't a factor at the end. Hamlin led a track-record 381 laps before surrendering the top spot to Earnhardt on Lap 383 after developing a slow leak in his right-front tire (watch video). Hamlin finished 24th, three laps down. Earnhardt salvaged a 15th-place result and remained third in the championship standings.

2008 YEARBOOK!!! Bowyer_193

"We took advantage of a misfortune," Bowyer said, "but our Chevrolet was fast all day. ... It was pretty wild up there -- it was bound to happen. They were racing hard. That's what racing at Richmond is all about, in my opinion. It just didn't work out [for either]."

But the story was the near-win for Earnhardt, who came tantalizingly close to his first points victory as a driver for Hendrick Motorsports.

"I've seen the replay, and Tony [Eury] Jr. [Earnhardt's crew chief] said it looked like Kyle got loose underneath me," Earnhardt said. "We'd been racing each other before, and we had no problem. I've been priding myself on running good all year, and [Saturday night] we got wrecked. It's disappointing."

Busch had his own version of events.

"Junior and I were just racing hard into Turn 3," said Busch, who took over the championship lead by 18 points over Jeff Burton. "It was just a product of good, hard racing. If I had wanted to do it deliberately, I would have waited till the last lap, when I probably still could have won the race."

Hamlin led 229 of the first 230 laps in a race that produced little carnage until contact between Carl Edwards' Ford and J.J. Yeley's Toyota on Lap 230 triggered a massive pile-up in Turn 3 that necessitated a stoppage to remove debris from the track (watch video).

Sustaining severe damage in the 14-car melee were the Dodges of Kurt Busch and Patrick Carpentier, the Fords of Matt Kenseth and David Gilliland and the Chevrolet of two-time defending Cup champion Jimmie Johnson. Burton also caught a piece of the crash but sustained only minor damage; he remained on the lead lap and finished 11th.

Jeff Gordon went a lap down to Hamlin on Lap 43 of the opening green-flag run, but Gordon got the lap back on a free pass for a restart on Lap 145 and rallied for a ninth-place finish.

Last edited by CdnClintFan on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lady Bowyer
Lady Bowyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:59 pm

Aww, I love the Hamburger Helper glove! Cute!

Cheerios kicks ass - I love that cereal!

OK, Tim, I'll get on it.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:14 pm

2008 YEARBOOK!!! Kylebusch
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:20 pm

2008 YEARBOOK!!! Victorylane
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Audrina88 Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:10 pm

Busch18fanAR wrote:someone post jr and kyles run in at richmond.

HAHA! I gotcha bounce am i a warped jr fan for saving this lol!

PART 1
2008 YEARBOOK!!! Ahhhh10

PART 2
2008 YEARBOOK!!! Oops_l10

sorry, tim your boy cant have ALL the glory Wink
Audrina88
Audrina88
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:03 am

Oooooooooh, payback time.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Audrina88 Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:29 am

yeh, i just could post the 1st one w/out the 2nd, lol. although i really dont think neither was intentional...... i hope Suspect lol. the 2nd one for sure wasnt (no one slams the breaks that hard when "taking" someone else out) but i really did feel bad for kyle when that happened. well, mainly tim, lol

Last edited by drina4jr on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Audrina88
Audrina88
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Busch18fanAR Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:00 am

Wow thats not fair you put that picture up 2 times. You slam on your brakes that hard when entering a turn to fast after trying to snag the ass end of another drivers car getting into a turn. Don't let that smoking front tire fool you. I will never forget that. This all started when jr went into the grass and came back on pit road wreck Mr. Kyle Busch at Kansas last year ruining Kyle's chances in the chase. So sounds like kyle still owes jr one. GO KYLE! Evil or Very Mad
Busch18fanAR
Busch18fanAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Audrina88 Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:20 am

in that 2nd pic i was just showing the smoke from the tires. (no offense to you tim, come on you know that) and about kansas 07, i also remember kyle punting jrs ass coming onto pit road a couple races later. its a never ending war with jr and kyle, so i cherish times like these, LOL. its all good, i love them both Wink
2008 YEARBOOK!!! Mm_s_a10
Audrina88
Audrina88
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:36 am

Every driver has their tantrums and moments. I just try to overcome them, which I usually do within a few days.

For Pete's sake, even JIMMIE had his own little brat fit. Of course, the worst he did was wave a stop sign at someone - oooh, dangerous Jimmie. I like the incident where Kevin (beloved Kevin) got fuming mad and threw his helmet at another driver! Racing just wouldn't be racing without the tempers.

Besides, they usually all kiss and make up afterwards, anyway.

YEA, let's put some famous tempers of 2008 in here.

The helmet-grabbing Kyle incident.
Hamilton Jr. (don't like him) and that other guy, plus Hamilton's wife flipping him the bird - HELLO!
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Audrina88 Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:10 pm

there tim, i deleted the pic for you.
Audrina88
Audrina88
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kewman2939 Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:12 pm

OK, Tim. You owe Drina one now. So there are no hard feelings over pics, I'll put up a Ryan wreck.
Kewman2939
Kewman2939
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Audrina88 Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:16 pm

god, i hope i didnt offend him. he of all people should know thats not me.
Audrina88
Audrina88
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum